Template

WEEK ONE: xxxxxxxxx

Unit Theme: xxxxxxxxx

Essential Question:
xxxxxxxxx


Text Title/Genre: xxxxxxxxx

Essential Skill or Concept: xxxxxxxxx

Mini-Lesson Outline:

Using the strategy, how will we accomplish the following?

How will I introduce and explain this strategy so that students will understand the how and why? (inductive method, mini-lecture, demonstration, notes, etc.)

xxxxxxxxx




How will I model this strategy for my students? (exemplars and/or demonstrations)

xxxxxxxxx




How will I provide opportunities for guided practice?

xxxxxxxxx





How will I monitor/gauge students’ understanding of the strategy and the skill it develops? (formative assessment) How will I determine student readiness?

xxxxxxxxx




Using real texts, how will students independently practice using the strategy and the skill it targets?

xxxxxxxxx




How will I adapt or differentiate this lesson for grade and skill level?

xxxxxxxxx




How will I engage students in a reflection of how this strategy has developed this particular skill and how it has helped each of them become a more effective reader?

xxxxxxxxx